This weekend the kids and I are going to make this adorable bird in a nest craft…
I got it from Clubhouse Jr which is an amazing christian magazine for children that is packed full of God’s love, bible stories, recipes, coloring pages, games and crafts…
Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your families and get excited for the coming weeks…
I have 3 fun giveaways coming and a guest blogger! You won’t want to miss it!
Gather (to make nests)
2 large biscuits of shredded wheat
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
paper muffin cups
1. Crumble shredded wheat into a medium-sized bowl.
2. Stir in coconut and sugar.
3. Ask Mom or Dad to drizzle mixture with melted butter. Then mix with fork.
4. Line six muffin cups with foil.
5. Divide mixture between cups. With the back of a teaspoon, press mixture into the bottoms and sides of lined cups to form nests.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
7. After pan has cooled, remove nests from cups by lifting out foil and carefully peeling foil off nests.
Gather (to make birds)
6 medium-sized strawberries with stems
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
small green grapes
1. Wash and dry strawberries with stems. The green leaves will become the tail feathers.
2. For the bird’s head, push a toothpick through a red grape, so 1/4 inch sticks out for the bird’s beak.
3. Attach the grape “head” near the tip of the strawberry by poking the longer end of the toothpick into the berry.
4. Ask Mom or Dad to make a slit on each side of the strawberry to form bird wings. Cut the slits at an angle, cutting toward the bird’s head. Slightly separate the wings from the body.
5. Line bird’s nest with 1 teaspoon vanilla yogurt.
6. Place bird in nest. Add a few small green grapes or blueberries for eggs.
7. Enjoy your treat before the birdie flies away!